Configuring the PowerSchool Connector
Click on the “Resources” Tab in the top menu to see the PowerSchool Connector. The PowerSchool Connector will now be visible in the “Services” which can now be assigned for use by users in your organization.
To configure the PowerSchool Connector, first tick the checkbox next to the Connector itself.
Click the “Configure” tab (next to “Selected resources”).
(see Screenshot 6)
A pop-up PowerSchool configuration window will appear.
1. For general instructions regarding the configuration of the PowerSchool Connector, click on the “Help” tab in the top menu or “Help” button.
In the “Configure” tab, you can make various changes to the appearance of the PowerSchool Connector within the user Passport and to its configuration including:
2. You can change the name of the PowerSchool Connector in the “Application Caption” field (or it can be left as is).
3. You can change the PowerSchool Connector icon in the “Application Icon” field (or it can be left as is); if you want to upload your own icon, click the “Select .PNG File” button and follow the instructions to upload an alternative icon.
4. Tick the “Activate” checkbox if you want to use the Passport credentials to single sign-on into the PowerSchool Connector. If you want to use your own credentials, you can skip this option.
5. Tooltips provide assistance for users.
6. You can use checkboxes “Use Default value” to reset parameters to default state.
(see Screenshot 7)
Under the “SSO Properties” or “Provisioning Properties” section of the display:
If the PowerSchool Connector has any custom configuration fields then the “SSO Properties” or “Provisioning Properties” section(s) will be displayed in the “Configure” window.
Go to your PowerSchool site and copy the URL like, e.g. https://org-instance.powerschool.com
7. Paste your PowerSchool URL and add “/” (forward slash) at the end into the “Base URL” field
8. If the checkbox is not activated, the configuration of the given field will apply by default for all sub-organizations. If you want to deactivate this default setting, tick the checkbox.
9. Click on the “Save” button to save any configuration changes which you have made.
(see Screenshot 8)
Assigning the PowerSchool Connector to users in your organization(s)
Click on the “Resources” Tab in the top menu to see the PowerSchool Connector which will now be visible in the “Services” which can now be assigned for use by users in your organization.
Select the specific role or group from the dropdown menu which appears in the “Roles & groups” tab to which you wish to assign the Connector (Student’s Role is displayed by default). The specific role or group you have selected will appear in the section at the bottom of your screen.
Please note that you can create and define new roles and groups of users within your organization(s) at any time using the “Add Role” or “Add Group” buttons and following the on-screen instructions.
To assign the PowerSchool Connector to specific roles and/or groups within your organization, first tick the checkbox next to the Connector itself. Please note that you can select multiple Connectors to assign if you wish.
(see Screenshot 9)
There are 3 ways to assign the Connector(s) to users in your organization(s):
1. You can assign the PowerSchool Connector to your selected role or group by simply dragging it from the “Services” section and dropping it into the role or group section at the bottom of your screen.
2. Then you map roles/groups to the App Roles.
(see Screenshot 10)
1. You can assign the PowerSchool Connector to your selected role or group using the “Bulk Assign” tab and following the on-screen instructions.
2. Then you choose roles, related folders and map to the App Roles.
(see Screenshot 11)
1. If you want to assign the Connector only to an individual within your organization, then please click on the “Assign” tab and follow the on-screen instructions.
2. Then you map roles to the App Roles, and assign folder.
(see Screenshot 12)
A message is displayed in the top of “Resources” window to inform that PowerSchool connector has been successfully updated.
Please note that you can assign the PowerSchool Connector (and any Connector) to multiple roles / groups.