Configuring the Edmodo Connector
1. Click on the “Resources” Tab in the top menu to see the Edmodo Connector. The Edmodo Connector will now be visible in the “Services” which can now be assigned for use by users in your organization.
2. To configure the Edmodo Connector, first tick the checkbox next to the Connector itself.
3. Click the “Configure” tab (next to “Selected resources”).
(see Screenshot 6)
A pop-up Edmodo configuration window will appear.
1. For general instructions regarding the configuration of the Edmodo Connector, click on the “Help” tab in the top menu or “Help” button.
In the “Configure” tab, you can make various changes to the appearance of the Edmodo Connector within the user Passport and to its configuration including:
Under the “Common Properties” section of the display:
2. You can change the name of the Edmodo Connector in the “Application Caption” field (or it can be left as is).
3. You can change the Edmodo Connector icon in the “Application Icon” field (or it can be left as is); if you want to upload your own icon, click the “Select .PNG File” button and follow the instructions to upload an alternative icon.
4. Tick the “Activate” checkbox if you want to use the Passport credentials to single sign-on into the Edmodo Connector. If you want to use your own credentials, you can skip this option.
5. Tooltips provide assistance for users.
6. You can use checkboxes “Use Default value” to reset parameters to default state.
7. Click on the “Save” button to save any configuration changes which you have made.
(see Screenshot 7)
Assigning the Edmodo Connector to users in your organization(s)
1. Click on the “Resources” Tab in the top menu to see the Edmodo Connector which will now be visible in the “Services” which can now be assigned for use by users in your organization.
2. Select the specific role or group from the dropdown menu which appears in the “Roles & groups” tab to which you wish to assign the Connector (Student’s Role is displayed by default). The specific role or group you have selected will appear in the section at the bottom of your screen.
3. Please note that you can create and define new roles and groups of users within your organization(s) at any time using the “Add Role” or “Add Group” buttons and following the on-screen instructions.
4. To assign the Edmodo Connector to specific roles and/or groups within your organization, first tick the checkbox next to the Connector itself. Please note that you can select multiple Connectors to assign if you wish.
(see Screenshot 8)
There are 3 ways to assign the Connector(s) to users in your organization(s):
1. You can assign the Edmodo Connector to your selected role or group by simply dragging it from the “Services” section and dropping it into the role or group section at the bottom of your screen.
(see Screenshot 9)
1. You can assign the Edmodo Connector to your selected role or group using the “Bulk Assign” tab and following the on-screen instructions.
2. Then you choose roles and related folders.
(see Screenshot 10)
1. If you want to assign the Edmodo Connector only to an individual within your organization, then please click on the “Assign” tab and follow the on-screen instructions.
2. Then you assign a folder.
(see Screenshot 11)
A message is displayed in the top of “Resources” window to inform that Edmodo connector has been successfully updated.
Please note, that you can assign the Edmodo Connector (and any Connector) to multiple roles / groups.