Configuring the Renaissance Connector
1.Click on the “Resources” Tab in the top menu to see the Renaissance Connector. The Renaissance Connector will now be visible in the “Services” which can now be assigned for use by users in your organization.
2. To configure the Renaissance Connector, first tick the checkbox next to the Connector itself.
3. Click the “Configure” tab (next to “Selected resources”).
(see Screenshot 6)
A pop-up Renaissance configuration window will appear.
1.For general instructions regarding the configuration of the Renaissance Connector, click on the “Help” tab in the top menu or “Help” button.
In the “Configure” tab, you can make various changes to the appearance of the Renaissance Connector within the user Passport and to its configuration including:
Under the “Common Properties” section of the display:
2. You can change the name of the Renaissance Connector in the “Application Caption” field (or it can be left as is).
3. You can change the Renaissance Connector icon in the “Application Icon” field (or it can be left as is); if you want to upload your own icon, click the “Select .PNG File” button and follow the instructions to upload an alternative icon.
4. Tick the “Activate” checkbox if you want to use the Passport credentials to single sign-on into the Renaissance Connector. If you want to use your own credentials, you can skip this option.
5. Tooltips provide assistance for users.
6. You can use checkboxes “Use Default value” to reset parameters to default state.
(see Screenshot 7)
1. SSO mode can be switched by changing "SSO Mode" parameter's value:
must be "token" to enable Token based SSO;
must be "creds"/"credentials" or empty to perform Credentials based SSO.
"Token based SSO" is the more secure option to perform SSO, where user's data is sent in encrypted state. This mode is available only in case of using Renaissance service called “Renaissance Data Integrator” (RDI).
(see Screenshot 8)
1. Base URL: URL to which SSO requests are sent
2. Logout URL: URL for logout. Required only for few Renaissance instances when validation of credentials requires logout action after login.
3. SSO Customer: Normaly SSO Customer is a numeric organization's ID and is a part of the Renaissance URL like "https://hosted19.renlearn.com/2023724"
4. SSO AccessKey: A secret key that is user to encrypt user's data with HMAC-SHA encryption algorithm.
5. Click on the “Save” button to save any configuration changes which you have made.
(see Screenshot 9)
Credentials based SSO
SSO URL for Students: Go to your Renaissance site as Student and copy the URL like this, e.g. https://hosted19.renlearn.com/2023724/Public/RPM/Login.aspx?srcID=s
2. SSO URL for Teachers: Go to your Renaissance site as Student and copy the URL, e.g. https://hosted19.renlearn.com/2023724/Public/RPM/Login.aspx?srcID=t
3. Click on the “Save” button to save any configuration changes which you have made.
(see Screenshot 10)
Assigning the Renaissance Connector to users in your organization(s)
Click on the “Resources” Tab in the top menu to see the Renaissance Connector which will now be visible in the “Services” which can now be assigned for use by users in your organization.
Select the specific role or group from the dropdown menu which appears in the “Roles & groups” tab to which you wish to assign the Connector (Student’s Role is displayed by default). The specific role or group you have selected will appear in the section at the bottom of your screen.
Please note that you can create and define new roles and groups of users within your organization(s) at any time using the “Add Role” or “Add Group” buttons and following the on-screen instructions.
To assign the Renaissance Connector to specific roles and/or groups within your organization, first tick the checkbox next to the Connector itself. Please note that you can select multiple Connectors to assign if you wish.
(see Screenshot 11)
There are 3 ways to assign the Connector(s) to users in your organization(s):
1. You can assign the Renaissance Connector to your selected role or group by simply dragging it from the “Services” section and dropping it into the role or group section at the bottom of your screen.
(see Screenshot 12)
1. You can assign the Renaissance Connector to your selected role or group using the “Bulk Assign” tab and following the on-screen instructions.
2. Then you choose roles, related folders.
(see Screenshot 13)
1. If you want to assign the Renaissance Connector only to an individual within your organization, then please click on the “Assign” tab and follow the on-screen instructions.
(see Screenshot 14)
A message is displayed in the top of “Resources” window to inform that Renaissance connector has been successfully updated.
Please note, that you can assign the Renaissance Connector (and any Connector) to multiple roles / groups.