EduTone Platform Release Notes -- v5.10 (November 2016)
Version 5.10 of the EduTone / SSO Passport and identity management platform includes the following enhancements:
Integration with G Suite - Google’s free suite of productivity tools including Gmail, Drive and Docs has been added. It can be configured for import of data (users and groups) and for export.
Users of organizations for which IdP authentication is activated are now able to login into Passport using their account in G Suite (Google Apps).
PLEASE NOTE that a user must already have an account in the Passport and email in that account should be identical to the email in their G Suite account.
Org Admins are now able to map G Suite groups and organizational units with entities (organizations, roles and groups) in the SSO Passport using the "G Suite Sync" tab. Org Admins are able to either manually trigger or schedule the import and provisioning of accounts from G Suite into the SSO Passport.
2. Enhancements to SSO Passport Login screen
The SSO Passport Organizations have ability to add "Login with Google" option on authentication page. This option can be activated by configuration G Suite, or by request to Support. Users first specify the state or province in which their organization is based which brings up a list of organizations from that state or province. After selecting their organization, depending on the configuration, a user can be exposed to an additional "Login with Google" option.
Org Admins with Super Admin privileges are able to activate and deactivate Roster Data Integrations using the “Roster Data Integrations” tab. Org Admins are able to define a set of attributes and grant and manage permissions to specific organization(s).
The “Roster Data Integrations” tab also allows Org Admins to review data transaction logs for a specific Integration, including its usage history over time and to manage the data fields which are to be exposed to an Vendor. The main view of Roster Data Integration tab provides a list of all activated RDI.
5. Roster Data Integrations dashboard for Vendors
Using the “Roster Data Integrations” tab, Vendor Admins now are able to:
Review data for specified Organizations - review the history log of consumptions of data (with the ability to search by org name and parent org name).
Deactivate and reactivate integrations - for granted integrations.
Generate a report in CSV file format that reflects the list of organizations with active RDI Product(s).
6. Collection of data in xPress Roster data format
Functionality has been added to import entities into the SSO Passport in the xPress Roster data format. The Org Admin can set up synchronization with a third party application to consume data from that application in the xPress Roster data format.
7. xPress Roster APIs
APIs have been introduced for data consumption in the xPress Roster data format. OAuth credentials to access the APIs and the relevant API documentation can be found in Development Portal.
8. Management of the SFTP upload process for CSV files
Admins are now able to generate SFTP credentials for customers to upload roster data in CSV file format. Admins are able to define the data format to be uploaded to an SFTP server as a part of credentials generation process.
9. Account Provisioning Connectors: Management by Org Admins
A management dashboard for “Account Provisioning Connectors” has been added enabling Org Admins to review the list of Account Provisioning Connectors activated for their organizations and sub-organizations. For any Account Provisioning Connector, Org Admins can now view:
- The number of organizations which have activated the Connector
- The number of users associated with the role(s) / group(s) / organization to which the Connector was assigned
- The time and date when the Connector was assigned to any role(s) / group(s)
- The First name and Last Name of the Org Admin who assigned the Connector to the role(s) / group(s)
- The time and date of the last provisioning to the role(s) / group(s).
10. Account Provisioning Connectors: Management by Vendors
A management dashboard for "Account Provisioning Connectors" has been added enabling Vendors to review the list of organizations which have activated their Provisioning Connector(s). For every entry Org Admin is able to view:
- The number of users, associated with organization / roles / groups to which Provisioning Connector was assigned
- The time and date when Connector is assigned to a role / group
- The record of First name and Last Name of an admin who assigned Provisioning Connector to a role(s) / group(s)
- The time and date of last provisioning operation for a role / group
Vendor is able to search organizations by org name and parent org name.
Vendor is able to download CSV file report with a list of organizations and Connectors which they have activated.
11. Enhancements to development portal for Vendors
SSO API OAuth credentials and Data API OAuth credentials are now displayed in separate sections. The development portal for Vendors now allows Vendors to access the Data API and SSO API documentation via a link.
Changes have been made in the existing PowerSchool sync: Power Query has been added for the acquisition of student data and there is also a separate version of the plug-in for those customers who have problems with access to the "StudentCoreFields" tab.
13. Pre-population of Connectors with third party service credentials
Third party service credentials can now be imported in bulk. An Org Admin can upload credentials in CSV file format using the "CSV Upload" tab and selecting the relevant data scheme.
14. Ingestion of roster data CSV files in different data formats
Org Admins are now able to upload full roster data in supported data formats. In the "CSV Upload" screen, Org Admins can select the data schema in which they wish to upload the data. The following data formats are now supported: "Clever", "ETA Complete", "ApplicationCredentials".
15. Integration management dashboard for Sys Admins
Sys Admins are now given four dashboards to view within “Integrations”:
- "Account Provisioning Connectors - Orgs": includes a list of Account Provisioning Connectors activated by educational organizations.
- "Product Connectors - Partners": includes a list of organizations (with ability to search orgs) that signed up for specific Account Provisioning Connector(s) from selected Vendors. Sys Admins can download CSV file report which lists the organizations and their activated Account Provisioning Connectors.
- "Roster Data Integrations- Orgs": includes a list of organizations and activated Roster Data Integrations with the added ability to view the data upload history and inactivate integrations for organizations.
- "Integrations- Partners": includes a list of educational organizations (with ability to search orgs) which have activated Roster Data Integrations for selected Vendors with the added ability to view inactivate integration for organization.
Sys Admins can download CSV file report, containing a list of organizations with the activation status for any given integration.
16. Modified Marketplace Search Filters
Removed Languages parameter from Search Filters in the Marketplace.
17. Browsing Product profiles in the Marketplace for unauthenticated users
Product profiles in the Marketplace can now be viewed by unauthenticated users.
18. Differentiation of Vendor products in the Marketplace
Admins can now differentiate Vendor products from all other products in the Marketplace with the addition of a special icon.
19. Bookmark has been added to Marketplace as a new Product type
A Product can now be classified as a “Bookmark” within the Marketplace. Once it is activated for an organization and assigned to group(s) and/or role(s), a Bookmark appears in the Passport as an icon, which redirects users to a URL as defined by Vendor. As with SSO and Account Provisioning Connectors and Special Offers, the Platform gathers statistics for Bookmarks on SSO hits / unique users using the Reports menu (as per point 8 above).
20. Product profile management tool for Sys Admins & Vendors
Sys Admins and Vendor Admins (for their own Products) can now label Products / Services within the Marketplace using the following Types: Bookmarks, Provisioning Connectors, Roster Data Integrations, Special Offers, SSO Connectors. Newly created Products and any updates to existing Product profiles by Vendor Admins first need to be approved by a Sys Admin before any changes are reflected in the Marketplace.
21. Video links in Product profiles
Sys Admins and Vendor Admins can now stream videos published under Product Profiles within the Marketplace and can attach one or several video files with thumbnails to a Product Profile. Supported video formats currently include: mp4, ogg, webm. Maximum video file size is 500Mb. All thumbnail image formats are supported with maximum size of 20mb.